At Belmont Primary School, we offer a warm, welcoming and safe environment in order that we can achieve our key aims:
- Ensure that children are equipped with appropriate life skills, both academic and otherwise;
- Inspire children to develop a lifelong enthusiasm for learning;
- Children become confident learners, developing a sense of pride and self-respect;
- Ensure that all children are treated as individuals, receiving any support or guidance they may specifically need;
- Value the importance of partnerships. These include those with parents and carers as well as within the local community;
- Provide extensive opportunities for children to engage in wider opportunities in such activities as music and sport;
- Appreciate the diversity of cultures and beliefs in the world around us in order that children can contribute to a respectful society within which we live;
- Motivate all learners, ensuring they aspire to be the best they can be in all that they do and achieve to the very best of their ability.
Inspire; Motivate; Achieve
Vision and Values:
Inspire; Motivate; Achieve
Belmont Primary School is a foundation school which provides what we believe to be a high standard of education for children from Nursery through to Year Six. The school is somewhat unusual in relation to our intake. At present, we our planned admission number in Reception is forty five children. This provides us with two relatively small Reception classes. However, through Key Stage One and Key Stage Two, we have classes with shared year groups. We do feel that this has many advantages, however.
The school is made up of two buildings on one large site. We have extensive outdoor space and a wonderful view of the Cleveland Hills, something which is frequently commented upon by visitors to the school. Further to this, we also have three playgrounds, a lovely wildlife area and a small garden which is tended by the children.
We aim to provide the children within the school with a wide range of learning opportunities, both in and out of the classroom. Our curriculum is both broad and balanced, allowing the children to gain experiences in a number of areas. Children have the opportunity to become members of a range of extra-curricular clubs involving sport and music and, to support this further; the school invests heavily in wider opportunities in these areas.
Belmont Golden Rules
- I will show respect and consideration for other children and adults.
- I will try to do my best work at all times.
- I will be friendly, helpful and polite.
- I will keep the class rules.
- I will walk inside the building.
- I will take good care of the equipment and building